Tuesday, November 25, 2008

New stuff is weird

It's part of me, but totally unfamiliar...I keep thinking new songs are like babies, but they're really not - they're SMARTER than babies...they are a little bit in charge. Babies...well, they're easy - at least mine was easy - he was the happiest, mellowest baby ever. Songs are not all that happy, and only once in a while do you get a mellow one. Mostly they take over your life with their demands for you to make them BETTER until something is satisfied and then they quiet down. Like one of the new songs, "Last Night I Dreamed" -I have a hell of a time keeping it in tempo - it badly wants to rush, so I have to play it over and over with a metronome until it rolls over and shows me it's tummy. I'm hoping and praying the Terry Lawless is available to play some flute...LOVE his vibe. He's delicious.

And yes, I need to stop blogging and START PRACTICING!!!!!! Argh!!!!!

No comments: