Tuesday, November 25, 2008

New songs about to...

I have a mess of new songs, so I'm hoping to have the energy to record them all one of these days...going to be a challenge, but somehow I'll get it done. I feel like this every time I go through this process, but I feel like some of these songs are the best stuff I've ever written.

It's darker work than I've done in a while - not unhopeful, just...darker. I'm actually going to open the record with a song I didn't write - which is a rare thing for me. It's a song my friend Bill Nix wrote called "Stumble of the Fall," which just ties the whole record together. A lot of the songs are bittersweet, or joyful in a dark and complicated way, which is what my life seems to be a lot of the time.

And yes, it's really just past 7AM on a Tuesday...this is just undignified for a musician of my caliber. Argh.

1 comment:

_seph said...

yay, i'm your first follower. well, i'm really looking forward to hearing the new material, perhaps i'll actually have an available evening sometime and maybe i can get a preview?