Sunday, December 7, 2008

Rough night

It's a sweet gig, but damn it was cold. The wind was howling through town, sucking the heat out of everything and everyone. I was freezing, my hands were so cold I couldn't play, or concentrate, or focus...my hands simply would not work. First set was ALMOST a disaster. Second was somewhat better once the bodies started warming the room up more. Guitar was FREAKING out. Even after I threatened to go buy a graphite guitar. Met some damn nice people though.

Well, if Tiger Woods can have an off day, I can have an off night once in a while. And there wasn't a bazillion dollars on the line for me, nor was the national news there minutely analyzing every botched note. But here's the REAL newsflash - I DID NOT FORGET A SINGLE WORD IN ANY SONG ALL NIGHT LONG.

Pat Smith is taking me for a belated birthday breakfast (and little does he know, commiseration fest) this morning so I probably need to take a shower and put on some real clothes. It's flarping cold out there. No wandering about in my jammies today.

No comments: